I am a PhD student in the Electrical Engineering department at Stanford University.
- 2013, MS, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- 2011, BS, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
I am part of the Robust Systems Group at Stanford.
My research deals with cross-layer resilience, self-repair, and recovery of reliable systems.
At CMU, I worked as a student researcher on the Claytronics Project.
H. Cho, E. Cheng, T. Shepherd, C.-Y. Cher, and S. Mitra,
"System-Level Effects of Soft Errors in Uncore Components,"
IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, 2017.
E. Cheng and S. Mitra,
"Resilience in Next-Generation Embedded Systems,"
Rugged Embedded Systems: Computing in Harsh Environments, Morgan Kaufmann, 2016.
E. Cheng, S. Mirkhani, L. G. Szafaryn, C.-Y. Cher, H. Cho, K. Skadron, M. R. Stan, K. Lilja, J. A. Abraham, P. Bose, and S. Mitra,
"CLEAR: Cross-Layer Exploration for Architecting Resilience - Combining Hardware and Software Techniques to Tolerate Soft Errors in Processor Cores,"
Design Automation Conference, 2016.
(ACM, IEEE, pdf)
S. Mitra, P. Bose, E. Cheng, H. Cho, R. Joshi, Y. M. Kim, C. R. Lefurgy, Y. Li, K. P. Rodbell, K. Skadron, J. Stathis, and L. Szafaryn,
"The Resilience Wall: Cross-Layer Solution Strategies,"
International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems, and Applications, 2014.
Y. Li, E. Cheng, S. Makar, and S. Mitra,
"Self-Repair of Uncore Components in Robust System-on-Chips: An OpenSPARC T2 Case Study,"
International Test Conference, 2013.
Workshop Papers / Special Presentations:
- Government Microcircuit Applications & Critical Technology Conference (GOMACTech), 2017
- Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) TECHCON, 2016
- International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), 2016 (Best of SELSE special session)
- Silicon Errors in Logic - System Effects (SELSE), 2016 (selected for Best of SELSE session at DSN)
- Highly-Reliable Power-Efficient Embedded Designs (HARSH), 2016 (awarded Best Paper)
- Resiliency in Embedded Electronic Systems (REES), 2015
- Government Microcircuit Applications & Critical Technology Conference (GOMACTech), 2015
- Silicon Errors in Logic - System Effects (SELSE), 2013
- Assisted Program Chair: International Test Conference (ITC), 2014 (awarded Gerry Gordon Student Volunteer Award)
ACM Computing Surveys,
IEEE Design & Test,
IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD),
IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC),
Proceedings of the IEEE,
International Conference on Computer Aided Design (ICCAD),
International Test Conference (ITC)
I have interned at the following companies:
Use the navigation bar on the top-right or click below for: